Enrollment for Fall 2018 opens on April 9, 2018. Students will find their enrollment time posted in the Student Center beginning Tuesday, April 2. Find more information about the enrollment schedule for fall here.
Please note: the Office of the Registrar has developed a new Enrollment App that you can find in MyUW. The Enrollment App is more streamlined and the search function is much improved!
Elementary level courses
- Gen&WS 100: Open House Gender Learning Community Seminar
- Gen&WS 102: Gender, Women, and Society in Global Perspective
- Gen&WS 103: Women and their Bodies in Health and Disease
- Gen&WS 134: Women and Gender in World History
- Gen&WS 200: Introduction to LGBTQ+ Studies
- Gen&WS 221: Introduction to Black Women’s Studies
Intermediate and advanced courses
- Gen&WS 320: The Female Body in the World: Gender and Contemporary Body Politics in Cross Cultural Perspective
- Gen&WS 320: The Personal is Political: Applying Concepts in Gender, Sexuality, and Social Inequality
- Gen&WS 340: Contemporary Queer Art and Visual Culture (check out the course website)
- Gen&WS 350: Gender, Migration, and Muslim Women Writers (honors only)
- Gen&WS 350: Adaptations of Black Women’s Literature
- Gen&WS 361: Sex and Power in Greece and Rome
- Gen&WS 370: Cripping Visual Culture
- Gen&WS 445: The Body in Theory
- Gen&WS 449: Race, Gender, Colonization, Capitalism
- Gen&WS 467: Crime, Gender, and Justice
- Gen&WS 469: Women and Politics
- Gen&WS 522: Psychology of Women and Gender
- Gen&WS 530: Biology and Gender
- Gen&WS 532: History of the (American) Body
- Gen&WS 533: Childbirth: Global and Historical Perspectives on Midwifery and Technocratic Birth
- Gen&WS 534: Gender, Sexuality, and Reproduction: Public Health Perspectives (honors only)
- Gen&WS 625: Gender, Race, and the Civil Rights Movement
- Gen&WS 640: Capstone Seminar in Gender and Women’s Studies
Authorization for the Gen&WS 640 Capstone Seminar
GWS majors only
Enrolling in Gen&WS 640: Capstone in Gender and Women’s Studies requires advance authorization.
Please complete complete this authorization form. You will receive an email from Diane Walton (email@example.com) confirming your authorization and you will then have 1 week to enroll in Gen&WS 640.
Once you have been authorized, you will still need to enroll in 640.
Note about Special Topics courses in Gender and Women's Studies
GWS is offering several special topics courses in spring (e.g. 320, 449, and 533).
You can take special topics courses more than once, even concurrently, for unique GPA and graduation credit provided that you are enrolled in a different topic. Please consult with the undergraduate advisor if you have questions.
Approaches and Issue Areas for the Gender and Women's Studies Major
Find detailed information about the Approaches and Issue Areas in the GWS Fall 2018 enrollment-class list
If a course is closed, you can add yourself to the course’s waiting list through your Student Center. This is the only way to access a seat in a course that is full. It is in your best interest to add yourself to the waiting list as soon as possible. Remember to pay close attention to a course’s prerequisites before adding yourself to the waiting list.
If you are offered a seat in a course, Diane Walton (firstname.lastname@example.org) will contact you with permission to enroll. Once you receive permission to enroll, you MUST enroll within 48 hours or you will lose your seat in the course.
If you are graduating, and you haven’t done this already, ‘Apply to Graduate’ in your Student Center. Doing this signals to the Office of the Registrar that they should audit your student record and give you the green light to graduate.
If you are graduating in May 2018, be sure to check your DARS. Near the top, you should see the phrase “all reqs complete pending final review.” This means that you have nearly completed your degree. Hooray!
Spring commencement is Saturday, May 12, 2018.
Tell your family and friends about the Gender and Women’s Studies and LGBTQ+ Studies Spring Graduation Reception, Saturday, May 12th, 2018 at 9:30 am in Sterling Hall.
Join us for breakfast, eat cake, and spend some time with GWS faculty and staff. We will send you off in style!